10 Ways Your Kids Can Give Back During the Holidays
The holidays are a time for family traditions, joy and giving. While kids may know the wonderful feeling of sipping hot chocolate or opening presents, many of them have never had the opportunity to enjoy the gift of giving. Teaching your kids about philanthropy is a great way to encourage empathy and for them to experience what it’s like to offer support to others.
Here are some of our favorite giving opportunities. Supporting our patients and families during the holidays also helps to advance pediatric research and care for kids everywhere!
- Fundraise! Are you looking for a fun way to engage your Facebook friends and followers during the holiday? Host a fundraiser directly on Facebook! It as easy as setting up the fundraiser and sharing with your friends.
- Brighten a patient’s day. Did you know you can send an uplifting note to a hospital patient right from your computer? Choose an ecard from our website, and we will print it out and deliver it to a patient.
- Give toys. Stop by the hospital’s annual toy drive on Saturday, December 9th to drop off toys for children who will be in the hospital this December. Can’t make that date? Learn when you can drop off gifts or purchase via our Amazon wishlist.
- Give greetings. Let us help you give back and ease the stress of the holiday season. Sign-up for our Holiday Greetings Program, you pick the cards and the greetings and we’ll do all the work!
- Give collectibles. Now in their 20th year, our holiday angels have become collectibles. These stained glass angels are designed exclusively for the hospital and make perfect gifts for friends and family.
- Give books. Give the gift of reading to kids spending the holidays in the hospital through our Reach Out and Read Program.
- Give your Time. Caroling for a Cause is a time-honored tradition that has spread holiday spirit throughout the community, all while raising awareness and donations. Sign-up for a time that’s convenient for you, and we will send you a toolkit to help you get started!
- Donate where you see our logo. Our generous partners make it easy to give back during your holiday shopping, with opportunities to donate or by providing exclusive merchandise to purchase.
- Adopt one of our patient’s families. Our Family Holiday Program supports families who are identified as needing additional assistance this holiday season.
- Share your donation! Share your donation with others! Simply use #give2NCH on your social channels with how you are helping the hospital and what you’re thankful for this holiday season.
|DEDICATE A GIFT|
For more ideas and information, Visit www.nationwidechildrens.org.