Are you Hungry Yet?
When I say “hospital cafeteria” – What pictures come to mind? If you visualize pans of mystery meat and green Jello you haven’t been to our beautiful new cafeteria. The space opened with the June dedication of the new hospital and Kathy Grover, our Director for Nutrition Services took us behind the scenes.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Our woodfired oven cranks out 720 slices of pizza every day in 20 different varieties. The classics are a favorite but don’t pass by the BBQ Chicken – delicious!!
- Watch our chefs cook your individual meal to order at the Display Station. You pick the ingredients (Omelets in the morning and Italian or Asian for lunch/dinner) and watch while the chef does the rest.
- No Trash Cans – What? To encourage recycling all trash, trays and leftovers are placed on the “accumulator” where they pass into the kitchen for sorting and cleaning. All part of our commitment to “green”
- Hold the pickle – Our new deli station makes fresh and fabulous sandwiches to order.
- Outdoor dining has arrived. The new cafeteria features a beautiful landscaped courtyard
- Sharing the love – We were able to donate all the kitchen equipment from our closed kitchen space to the Mid-Ohio Food Bank; helping them outfit several service kitchens. That’s just icing on the cake!
If you’ve eaten in the new cafeteria let us know what you think. We’d love your feedback and menu suggestions. Bon Appetit!