How $70 Million Changed Your Child’s Life
Dear Nationwide Children’s Hospital Parents and Friends:
We are grateful to announce today that we have received a $10 million gift from the Nationwide Insurance Foundation. This gift will establish the Nationwide Pediatric Innovation Fund. This Fund will be designated to Nationwide Children’s most promising clinical and research discoveries. It will speed the advancement of cures under development that will help children everywhere. We are honored by the on-going support we receive from Nationwide Insurance and commend their dedication to protecting the health and potential of all children.
Nationwide’s financial support has allowed us to change the lives of children from across the country and around the world.Here are some of the remarkable innovations and initiatives that we have been able to accomplish with their support.
• We are the nation’s largest neonatal network, caring for more than 4,000 pre-term infants each year.
• We developed the world’s first Hybrid Cardiac Catheterization Suites with more than 3,500 interventional procedures performed annually.
• Enhancing our injury prevention efforts through our Center for Injury Research and Policy, the only CDC-designated Injury Control Research Center in the nation dedicated solely to pediatric and adolescent injury.
• Becoming a national and international destination for children in need of outstanding innovative care.
• Recruitment of some of the most talented physicians and scientists to build our world class programs.
• Completion of the largest pediatric expansion in US history, with more than 2.1 million square feet dedicated to pediatric care and research.
We are committed to taking our outstanding care models and novel research to new levels for the benefit of all children. It is our obligation to the mission of Nationwide Children’s Hospital, to the legacy of Nationwide Insurance’s generous philanthropy, and most importantly to the health of your children and children around the world.
Steve Allen, MD
Nationwide Children’s Hospital CEO